Thursday, January 6, 2011

Looks Like We Have a Runner

Nelly and Izzie
Hmmmmm....I am not a crazy puppy person. Don't get me wrong I love our new puppy. I talk silly talk to her, I let her sleep in our bed and I let her kiss me, but I don't talk about her 24/7. She is cute, cuddly, has puppy breath, you know it is kind of like bringing home a newborn. Let's just say as of today the newness might have worn off, you see I have a runner. The three times that Nelly has gone out with me today she has run to the neighbors house, run down to the mailbox and run up by our pool. She does not listen to NO or STOP and I swear she is smiling at me as she takes off. To get to all of these places you essentially have to go through the woods, yes the woods. Our woods are icy right now and there are branches down and in some spots we have water with ice on top that she can run across, but I of course can't. (hence a soaking wet Ugg slipper on my porch:() Do you want to know what I was thinking when I was chasing her today...IF I HURT MYSELF AND CAN'T RUN TODAY I AM GOING TO SCREAM OR MAYBE MORE THAN SCREAM!!!!!!!! I was not thinking that Nelly might get hurt or run over by a car, I was thinking that I was not going to be able to run and where that would put my training....There is a phrase used by two of my favorite runners out there, Runner first, logical thinker second. I think that I have turned into that runner....and you know what I kind of like it.

5 comments:

  1. Cute puppy :) I've always wanted a corgi.

    I'm constantly thinking in terms of safety. I'm always aware of my feet and toes. I stubbed my toe not long ago and was instantly panicked that I wouldn't be able to run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Runner first, logical thinker second .... LOVE IT!! I didn't realize it, but I think I am slipping toward that way of thinking more and more every day!

    The dog really is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad it's you chasing a puppy and not me. They are both too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you got the "runs" too!

    Cute puppy, though!

    ReplyDelete