Monday, January 10, 2011
The Tummy Bug
We were hit this weekend. Hit with the tummy bug. Just one (Ben), but it was still in my house. Which leads to this huge amount of stress....I was at a baby shower in MA when I got the e-mail. I could feel the hair raising on my arms and my eyes getting wide. I started to have the OMG thoughts, i.e. where did he throw up? was it on the rug? and the biggest is anyone else throwing up? I immediately thought about my week ahead i.e. my running week ahead. (okay I am beginning to be a bit selfish when it comes to my training plan...) and who was going to be home with me and finally please, please do not let me get it. If I go down, the whole house goes down. I spent yesterday washing sheets and pillowcases, using Clorox wipes and Lysol and hoping/praying that we make it with no one else getting it. Well it is Monday morning and Ben is back to his old self (for good or bad) and everyone is off to school. Now...to worry about the snow day that is coming on Wednesday. GREAT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no!!! I am so afraid of that stomach bug...not really for me but for my daughter! I would feel awful! I'm glad to hear he made a quick recovery!
ReplyDeleteSo over illness right now. Hope it stays away for good!
ReplyDeleteOh man - hopefully it goes away fast .... and doesn't get YOU in the process!!
ReplyDeleteA co-worker of mine came through and needed some help. I forced him to go on the other side of the room before I'd do anything. I figure with me being half way through training for this Half-marathon, I'm not going to risk ANYTHING!! So be it if I am selfish for a while, I've worked too hard to get sick or injured or having anything go wrong now!!
Glad my little friend is feeling better!
ReplyDeleteOh, no! Glad he's feeling better and so far everyone else is fine. Hope it stays that way!
ReplyDelete