Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Overuse

I will start by saying that my kids have another snow day today. That is 4 in the last 2 weeks and we are supposed to have a major storm next Wednesday and Thursday. Travis took the 2 big kids to his office so I have the little kids. I definitely got the easy end. (he would definitely tell you the opposite.)
I had my Sports Medicine MD appointment this am. His name is Dr. Couture and I LOVE him. He got it. He understood that I was training for some half and full marathons. (he is a runner). He never once said it was not happening. He asked me what I wanted to do? (hmmmmm.....ummm RUN?) Then he gave me a plan. Long story short I have a right hip rotator strain which is leading to some ITB issues. So first off I need to rest, second I start PT on Thursday (I already have an appointment.) and third I am going to stay POSITIVE. I am going to stay positive. He did not tell me that I couldn't swim, so I am going to try to start swimming on Monday. I don't know how far I will make it, but I needed to start doing some cross training so here goes nothing. I am also going to try to hit hot yoga one to two times per week so that I can stretch out. I definitely need it.
So fingers crossed my running break doesn't last long. With all of these snow days, I might lose my mind.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a good plan. That's awesome that you found a doctor that "get's it" I think that makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - getting a doctor that get's it makes a HUGE difference. You'll rebound from this and be even stronger than before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you found a good doctor! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are back in your running shoes soon! I know I feel strange after 2 days of not running. Good luck!! Have fun with your swimming, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found a doc you like! or love! ;) so important. And good for you for staying positive! So hard to do sometimes...especially when it means not knowing when you'll run again.

    ReplyDelete