Thursday, January 27, 2011

Three Things Thursday ---PT it is

1/ Today was my first PT appointment. She diagnosed me with ?Performis (no idea if that is the spelling), but it has to do with hip muscles and the sciatic nerve. Anyway I was treated to a ultrasound treatment that felt very odd. Kind of like getting a 1000 tatoos at once. It felt better after, but now it is hurting again. I go back on Monday and she said that we can talk about pool running at that time.

2/ When I mentioned training for the National Marathon she definitely had that "funny hahaha" look on her face. She didn't tell me no, but then went on to tell me a pool running story about a guy who was training for Boston. I am hoping that she was telling me the story because she thinks that is how it is going to work for me.

3/ Travis has been away for 6 days now. I will be glad to see him on Sunday. I am trying to stay focused and not feel sorry for myself. I keep thinking about the women and men out there whose spouses' are in the military and are away. Really my 9 days is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. :( pool running? oh dear. I was also just told about a pool runner who trained for 2 months and still managed to run her marathon... but it was kind of one of those stories you hear as an urban legend... like, "I know this guy, who told me a story about his friend's girlfriend's sister's roommate, and she trained for a marathon using a belt and deep water pool running."

    I decided today on 2 things. First off, I'm getting a new training plan for National. I, ah, don't know where yet. I have an idea... Secondly, the new training plan is going to only include 3 runs per week and 1 hard core swim and 1, as much as I hate to say it, long bike ride. I can read ethics or nutrition on a stationary bike... I better freaking read on a stationary bike, you know? I think it's the only way I'm going to have enough "miles" to get there from here. Mine is not an over use injury, but let me assure you friend, it is still frustrating none the less. The second part of that is that if I can't execute, if things continue to slide down into the "hole", I'm going to switch and just run the Half, and then pace the girls in for the last couple miles. So. It hurts to say it out loud, but it is a possibility.

    I'll redeem myself at Richmond, which is the Friendliest Marathon in the Country, ahem. I'm not sayin. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pool running is taking over. Before you know it we will all be doing it and hurrying to sign up for pool running races! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just read your comment on Shut Up and Run's site. Don't give up on the running just yet. :) I have had issues with piriformis, QL, ITBS...all hip related. Maybe its a tall woman thing :) A good massage therapist can really help. And yoga. and strength training. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete