Well off to get Izzie at school. Today is lunch bunch and I have to admit I have had a great day by myself. As much as I love them, what is that expression, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
It's A Rest Day
I am resting today. I was supposed to run 16 miles, but it will have to wait until tomorrow or Friday. I went to the local running clubs speed work out last night and I was tired after. It was simple, 6 x 800 at 10K pace. These people must run really fast 10K's. Their pace was crazy, we are talking like a 6 minute pace. I usually run about an 8:30 pace and I was running between a 7:00 and a 7:21 to not be at the end. After the hour my legs were like jelly and I was tired. I was glad that I went though, because I feel like this will help my half and full marathons and it is fun to mix it up a bit. Now to start thinking about one day a week of cross training. I would like to try swimming, but I am so bad at it I don't know where to start. I am giving myself until Feb.1 to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love long days for the heart to grow fonder too... and I rested today too... although since the accident I feel like I need to de-stress and get a run in.
ReplyDeleteRest is good! I wish every day was a rest day, but then I guess that wouldn't be very productive if I want to be able to run the Half!
ReplyDeleteSix minute pace?? Damn! I can't even do that EVER, let alone for even 10 steps in a row!