I have recently started talking to my husband about moving to somewhere warmer. I mean really he is gone 1/2 of the year anyway so it probably wouldn't matter where we lived, right? Right? I failed to mention this is my husband's hometown and he runs a business in this area, so moving is probably out of the question.
If I could move it would be somewhere in the Maryland or Virginia area. My parents are right on the Pennsylvania-Maryland border and it would be fun to be near them. Then I wouldn't have to drive the 8 hours back and forth 5-6 times a year.
So, the question is, Where should we go? Sell me on your hometown or a favorite place. I would love some ideas. I will probably never make it there, but one can dream right?
P.S. I went to Lululemon today with my friend, K...I have bought yoga pants and shirts in there, but never running clothes. I am loyal to my Running Skirts, but today I did buy a pair of shorts. I fiugre I can wear them this summer out and about. But the beauty of it is I told the sales girl I was training for a race and she gave me a 15% discount. I just have to e-mail them about the shorts and if I like them or not. Pretty cool, huh?
So I think you should live in Rockville, MD. It is expensive but the schools here are GREAT. And the weather is nice... you get winter just enough to appreciate it, and hot summers. Humidity sucks though.
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE it for you to be here... so we can run together.
I would say come here but really all I've seen lately is rain, rain, rain and more rain! yuck! But the summers are to die for! I hope to visit Lululemon for my very first time sooooon!
ReplyDeleteWe are only supposed to get rain on Friday. Move here! I'll sit on the beach with you any day and drink a beer. :) Say hi to K for me..xoxo
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I love NH and the change of seasons and probably wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
ReplyDeleteThat said, I lived in the Seattle area for about a year in my 20s, and the summers were divine. Low humidity, the clearest skies you've ever seen, absolutely gorgeous mountains that make the White Mountains look like hills. On the other hand, it rains half the year, which is pretty depressing.
So I'd have to vote for NH!
We're in the same lovely corner of the world! It is great in the summer and fall but ugh the winter will. not. let. go!!!! Good luck this weekend!
ReplyDeleteNot Oregon. But as Amanda said, Summers are great! We occasionally think about moving somewhere that is always warm, but I think we would miss OR too much!
ReplyDelete