Sunday, March 27, 2011
Training Plans
The good new when I met with my ART therapist the other day was that he felt like I would be able to run my 2 half marathons in May. He stessed that I could not run every day, that I would need to incorporate cross training and that there would need to be rest days. When I was running in the fall, I did not take tons of rest days. I am not a huge fan of rest days, I spend the whole day feeling like I am missing something and I am grouchy. Hmmmm.....something is clicking that running is really the key to my mental health. Okay, back to training plans. I wanted something easy for this race, nothing to intense. The Heartbreak Hill Half Marathon, basically guarantees that you will not PR. I am not really looking to PR at this point. My PR is 1:52 and I have not come close since. I started doing some research and found a couple of plans that I could work with around my schedule, including my Chiro and PT schedules. I will have 3 days of running, 2 days of cross training and 2 REST days. I think for me coming off being injured this will be a good way to start slowly. It is hard to believe, but after May it will be almost time to start my Chicago training plan. I am definitely feeling a little nervous, but also excited. There is something exciting about a new training plan. The excitement of things to come and of spring and summer! Happy Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Sunday!! You sound so excited about your new plan ~ I love it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an AWESOME plan! When I trained for my marathon, I had 1 cross train and 1 rest day. Got me to race day.
ReplyDeleteI love rest days - although I do feel guilty and like I should be out there running. But at the same time it just feels so good to relax once in a while!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have a good plan in place!