Friday, March 11, 2011

Thing to Do While Injured (or not to do)

I printed out a calendar last night. A calendar for the next 12 months. What am I putting on my calendar you may ask. Races, yes Races. Red for races I am already signed up for, then I use pencil for those that I might like to sign up for. I spent close to two hours doing this, one of those hours spent on the phone with one of my running besties, M--
Last week I ordered a new pair of running shoes which are staring at me from the box. I also bought 3 new skirts and a new top. A long with my new outfits I planned what I am going to wear at my future races. (Hence we already have our outfit planned out for the Chicago Marathon....in October). Oh and I also went out and bought a bike, because now I am going to do a tri.
Being injured is really hard, but this has made me realize something. I love running. In fact I am passionate about running. Whether it is training, planning or researching this is truly my gig. So for right now this is how it is going to be. I am going to keep doing my research, keep writing down my races and of course pick up some new skirts here and there. (did you see the new line is coming out at RunningSkirts?) and before to long, I will be back in action. I just need to hang in there:)
Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Do whatever it takes to make the road to health an easier one! Hope it goes by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are motivated and that is what matters. calendars and skirts...fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound just like me when i was out of commission. do whatever it takes to keep up your motivations and interest. i was scared to death that i would loose my love for running while i couldnt, but it only made it stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up! I know I would do the same things. Runner first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL.... I need some more skirts too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay - I really want to do this now. I have my life planned on my google calendar - but I think a tangible one would be lovely - you know, just because!

    I love that you have your October race outfit picked out! I have my May half outfit ready, but still clueless about what to wear in my half that is just 3 weeks away.

    ReplyDelete