Before I could start my plan though I needed to finish the Disney Princess Half Marathon. What an experience. I have never run a race with over 13,000 people before, never have had to get up at 2:45 am to catch the shuttle and never felt so overwhelmed. I did not have a great race. I have/had done something to my feet which is going to take some healing time, but I finished in 2:23 with one of my running besties! The weather was incredible, can you say 80's every day and the flowers etc....just totally perked me up. I think the break from home is just what I needed to come home and hit the reset button.
So...now to start some swimming, hit some workouts with my new love Tony and maybe start my running from scratch. I will get there and be a better person for it.
I'm sorry you had a bad race....waking up at 2:45 would do me in! Hit that reset button and I'm sure you'll come out on top!
ReplyDeletesorry it wasn't a good race...um...your time still kicked my halfs time's butt! lol
ReplyDeleteI found you through Jen at Setting You Free. I'm from Amherst, Nebraska so your name caught my eye. :D
hope the feet feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteHere's to hoping you can have that fresh start or reset! Way to see the good parts of the race/trip!
ReplyDelete