2. My friend L told me that she is running a half marathon in October and she wants me to help her. I feel so honored, but scared too. It is the same weekend as Chicago so I won't be here, but I have already found some 5 K's and 10K's to get ready and even a 10 mile race August 1st. Hopefully, I can help her reach her goal.
3. I don't know if anyone out there has a 5th grader and a 5th grade girl at that, but man she is giving us a run for our money. She is fresh, is telling stories and is just not being good. We are definitely feeling frustrated. This morning when she was finishing her homework (she told me she didn't have any last night) I decided enough was enough and took away her riding lesson. She cried all of the way to school but, I stuck to my guns and she came home today and did her homework then proceeded to tell me how mean I was. Oh well....what can I do? If you have any ideas I would love to hear them.
My kids were driving me nuts at lunch today. We ran a couple of errands and they were just NOT listening to me. IGNORING me. This will end TODAY!
ReplyDeleteI encourage your strictness in your particular situation. It works.
That is so flattering that you have been asked to help! I have a friend that asked me for advice and it suddenly made me question everything I have learned and experienced. I didn't want to lead him down the wrong path. Turns out he is just ignoring all advice and hurting his body - so I guess it didn't matter what I had to say. Boys!
ReplyDeleteNo suggestions on the 5th grade girl stuff. I remember that year. Man - we were a handful! Well, not me because I was annoying and always behaved. But my friends - oh my!
Just keep being the mean mom. I don't have a 5th grader or a girl, but tough love seems to work the best for my friends with older girls.
ReplyDeleteHang in there.