My first step was to talk to my "skirt sisters" (running besties) about my inability to run any races right now. We had signed up for a couple together and I wanted to let them know that I was out. There were response was wonderful making me realize why they are my running besties.
What is my healing process going to be right now....well it looks like swimming will be my main training routine and some upper body/ab ripper P90x. I am going to ride my bike, but I have to see how my hip responds to the bike. I will continue with my PT appointments and my Chiro and am thinking about trying acupuncture for my hip. I feel like my foot will heal on its own time and I will take it from there.
On a happy running note I did sign up for Beach2Beacon today. 4,000 spots went in 8 minutes. I am now going to enter the Falmouth lottery and then there is a race in Gloucester, MA the following weekend. Some sort of trifecta of August races.
It is time to look forward, not back and to take recovery seriously. I think that is the only way that I make through the next 4-6 weeks. Hopefully I will be able to delight you with some fun biking and swimming stories. They could be scary or they could be a lot of fun. It's time to start the journey.......3-2-1 Let the race to recovery begin.
I think the race to recovery is going to be fun! It's what you make of it and since you've now committed to the recovery - you can focus on other things ...like biking and swimming :D
ReplyDeleteHave fun with it!
You have some great races up your way. Be good to your body so that you can enjoy them!
ReplyDeleteWe all have to reset and embrace... wish it was regarding better circumstances. I'd love to race with you someday!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you're right on track now. I know it's difficult to temporarily let go of your passion for a little while, but imagine how bright it will burn when you're 100% again! Hang in there. And do entertain us with your swimming and biking stories. I'll look forward to it!
ReplyDelete