Thursday, March 24, 2011

Three Things Thursday...Halves in May

1. I saw a PT therapist this morning who specializes in ART (Active Release Therapy) this morning. Can you say I am in love? Not just because he is cute ladies and gentlemen, but because he told me that he will have me running my 2 half marathons in May. (the Heartbreak Hill Half and the Run to Remember). What's important is my cross training, eliptical and swimming and running. I can't run more than 3 miles at a time maybe twice a week for right now, but hey I am not going to laugh at that. I will take what I can get.
2. I don't have Piriformous like the PT I was seeing thought. I have instead done something to the muscle in the front of my hip which he thinks in turn did something to my quad which then did something to my glute. He said I was definitely probably overtraining. What me??? I told him that I didn't know if I believed in overtraining. He then explained to me the importance of rest days and he stressed REST DAYS! (excuse the kind of long version. I don't know all of the names of the muscles) Any way I am going to keep seeing the chiro and see Brian two times a week and get this show on the road.
3. I am feeling a little low about the weekend. I was supposed to be at the National Marathon this weekend. But huge hugs, kisses and well wishes to T, Jen, Erica and Rachel who are on their way there. I will be thinking of you on Saturday morning. Looking for some big PR's. and a special hug to G who will be running T in! I am so there next year.
Happy Thursday. I am off to play Charades with 2 sweet 4 year olds.

7 comments:

  1. ART is great...glad to hear he'll have you fixed up! So, is it your TLF that is tired? That was one of the muscles that played a role in my ITBS from hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My TLF is very tired. He also could not believe how limited my range of motion was in my hip (actually both hips) I can't tell you how much better I feel with one treatment. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charades with four year olds sounds so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My witch Dr... he's an ART guy You'll love it, and him, and I had him work some magic on the ankle last week and whoa, ankle loves the Witch Dr too. So why am I writing about me on your page? As a testimony to how much I LOVE ART and believe in it! And yea, my Witch Dr also goes on about over training and rest days.

    Thanks for the hug. Lately I've been referring to my run as Heroin... I can't wait until you and I are both back to regular "heroin use in general"... aka ~ a HUG from G takes on new meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you seem to have found a plan. Fingers crossed that all goes well. Still bummed you won't be heading down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. to bad about the race. Hopefully the new guy will get the injury sorted out for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there! It sounds like you have a great plan...you'll be back on the racing road soon. Sorry for the bummer weekend!

    ReplyDelete