Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's that Time of Year

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. The time in the Catholic Church that starts Lent as we get ready for Easter. My ten year old is giving up candy with her friend Maggie. (she just told me she was her support system.) I have decided to give up sugar, (that is why I ate 2 cupcakes today to get ready) and as my mom says "fussing." I call it yelling, and I am going to attempt to give it up over the next 40 days. I don't know how easy it is going to be. Swimming, spinning and P90X don't seem to be giving me the scream free release that running does. No...this is going to take a lot of mental fortitude on my part and maybe some better behavior from my 4 little crazies.
On a training note I went to spin this morning. I defintely had a great work out. I needed more focus than when I am running, but I made it through. Tomorrow is swimming, slow and steady.

6 comments:

  1. I gave up sugar last year for lent. You might not want to go back..that's how good you'll feel. You can do it! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm, what should I give up.....hmmm..yelling might be a good one for me. ;) maybe facebook or blogs. You have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH ~ this is great... sugar. Wow. I was thinking of giving up Peanut Butter/Almond Butter/Nutella. Before you question this offering, you need to understand the nature of the sacrifice... I love PB the way we love running. Of course, I worry I won't get enough protein b/c we don't eat a ton of meat during lent... more thought is needed. I know 1 thing ~ I won't be giving up coffee....or P90X....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont always give up something... sometimes I add something. Haven't narrowed it down yet, but I am sure it will have something to do with changing my idol (obsession) with working out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried several years ago to give up sugar - just can't do it. I love chocolate too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i gave up soda...i have a crazy relationship with diet coke.

    ReplyDelete