Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just Swimmingly

Today I did it. I hit the Hampshire Hills pool with gusto. I arrived at 10:15 with my TYR reversable bathing suit, goggles and swim cap. I mean when I looked in the mirror I felt some what like a professional swimmer....There was no one in the lap pool. I had missed the MASTERS CLASS by about 15 minutes. (I don't think I am quite ready for that class yet, more about that on another post.) My goal was to swim for 3o minutes and I ended up swimming for about 35 to get 1200 meters. First off...swimming is hard. I had to mix it up a bit after my first 500. I turned my head the wrong way and almost drowned. I know you know what I am talking about, that weird inhaling water feeling that happens when you are not really the "professional" swimmer that you think you are, plus my arms started to get tired so I mixed it up with backstroke and breast stroke. As time went on two ladies speaking french came in and then a guy with really long hair, a beard and running shorts started swimming. He was doing the side stroke and kind of just doing his own thing. Finally, I was done and now I am tired....my arms are tired. IT is hard to do something you are not always used to doing, but I will keep going, who knows I might even hit the MASTERS CLASS before the end of this.

2 comments:

  1. It does get easier. Although I have always been a swimmer... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO proud of you! Seriously...I can so picture you swimming in that pool. Miss you and HH. :)

    ReplyDelete