Sunday, March 20, 2011
Turning 40
Last night I went out for my friend's 40th birthday. ( I will preface this by saying I still have 2 years to go:) We had a great time. A fun limo ride, a yummy dinner, a vegan carrot cake for desert. It was so GOOD ! and then fun gifts. We had chipped in and bought a cute bracelet and then a charm for a necklace. The best gifts though....each person brought a card and with the card we mentioned upcoming events that we wanted to do with Karin. I loved it because it was all ACTIVE treats. Running, biking, hiking just these great activities which will be so fun. It got me thinking that sometimes when we are planning for parties and talking about gifts that the gift of time is sometimes more important than any bracelet etc....Everyone is so busy with their own existence that we forget that we need to reach out to people even if it just for a quick lunch. My favorite card.....her friend is taking her surfing this summer, the only requirement....A Hot Instructor. I guess it doesn't get better than that. Happy Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great time. I love the idea of picking events to share with her!
ReplyDeleteAwesome.... I love that idea.
ReplyDeleteI love that idea! Really gets people out....I want to surf!!!
ReplyDeleteLove that!!! Can I learn to surf with them?!
ReplyDeleteA hot surf instructor? Count me in!!
ReplyDeleteI thought about the surfing. to bad that as much as i love the ocean i am afraid to get eaten by sharks....
ReplyDelete