Sunday, November 28, 2010
Emotions
Today was the my first run since last Tuesday morning. I was visiting with my mom and sister over the Thanksgiving holiday and there did not seem to be tons of time. I also decided on Thanksgiving morning to not run their local turkey trot due to the rainy and cold conditions. I decided to give my body a rest, eat some home cooking and get started when I get home again. After dilly dallying around all morning I decided to put my running clothes on and just go. I had a new winter play list that I had made for my I Pod and grabbed my Garmin. Well, my Garmin was dead, so I decided to just run "naked." I had a great run that way. I let my body go fast when it wanted to go fast and slow when it needed to go slow. It was weird though, a Fiona Apple song came on and I started to cry. One of my besties from college had a new baby this weekend and I was thinking about her, I was thinking about my sister and her kids. Her son has Angelman's Syndrome and has pretty severe special needs. I started thinking about how much I love to run. Whenever I am away from it for a couple of days I come back fresh and ready to start again. I am looking forward to my next training program. Is National really 4 months away? I don't know, I'm a girl maybe some days are just more emotional. So here's to some winter running and winter fun. Let the games begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was probably a good plan to skip the Turkey Trot but next time you are in the area, we should definitely meet up (I'm in Chambersburg).
ReplyDeleteI love making new play lists! Tonight I am testing out my new official 1/2 marathon training play list and I can't wait. I think it motivates me to go run even more when it is "fresh" music.
ReplyDeleteFiona Apple - I love her. She is my idol. For me, she can do no wrong. And it is perfectly natural to cry when listening to her music. Heck, at the 2nd concert I went to of hers I ended up teary. It is like she has all the words to eloquently say the things I think and feel. Love her!!