Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Out of the Loop
I just called my friend, E and she whispered to me, "hi Rene', I am at work?" my reply, "where are you working?" "for S and B." ( my other good friends). Holy smokes, I have been out of the loop with my non runner friends. Is that a good thing? I don't know, but this winter I need to make more of an effort with my other buddies. Is it hard? Yes. When I am training for something it becomes all consuming (for me anyway) and it is hard to explain it or answer when people say, "you are crazy." Does it mean that I don't love my non runner friends? No, if anything I love them more because we talk about things other than running, but my running friends and I have a different bond and that is why I love them. I remember reading something on RLAM talking about when you run with someone, you are beside them looking straight ahead and it is sometimes easier to open up and talk. I think that is true. My running friends know more of what is going on in my life right now because it is easy to talk to them. There are no walls, just the open road ahead of us. Anyway, my goal during my next training session is to be more available, but to not lose sight. Everything is cyclicle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We don't even live near each other anymore but yet I think we're closer!! I love reading your blog and hearing about your life with Travis and the kids. By the way..I'm doing the same thing here..only my excuse is the baby. :) Tell S and B and E..P said hi!! xoxo
ReplyDelete