Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quick Marathon Post

I finished my first marathon. My time was 4:32:57. It was hard. I had a little bit of a mental break about mile 21, but I finished. When I got into the car and was a bit teary eyed, okay maybe a lot teary eyed, my husband reminded me that last year at this time running a marathon was not even on my radar. He is right, it was always something I wanted to do, but never thought that I would! So, I am now home, sitting in my bed and watching football. More to come when my hands don't hurt anymore. It was stinkin' freezing here today.....

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WAY TO GO. Cant wait to hear the details. You did great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay... you need to be SUPER proud of that time... how about I trade my 5:04 for your 4:32?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO proud of you my friend. Seriously. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! A mental break and some tears sound like a perfectly NORMAL first marathon to me. And obviously the mental break didn't BREAK you because you totally kicked a**!!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! What an amazing accomplishment. You did it!!

    ReplyDelete