
Today I attended my last Sharing Circle at PIV. 3 out of my 4 kiddos attended this school and every Thanksgiving they sing songs, say an indian blessing and bring fruit to the middle of the circle to bring to the local food bank. Afterwards we shared homemade bread and cheese. It is one of my favorite time at the Preschool because the kids' love the feeling that they are doing something for someone else. We decided to bring oranges and Izzie loved placing her bag in the center. I definitely had that one weepy moment when I realized that it the last time that I would come to the Circle with a preschooler. I can't believe that next year Izzie will be in Kindergarden. Where did the time go? Had I wasted her being little away? I mean really, she never watched Sesame Street, her naps were haphazard and she is always treated like the baby. It is hard to be the youngest of 4, especially when 2 of the 4 have VERY strong personalities. You know what though, she is the easiest going, loves her family and friends and thinks nothing of shedding a tear if someone is mean to someone else. We have lunch together and go shopping together and even though she is 4, she gets it. She is the first person to ask me how my run was and if I "won" my race. So, I guess this Thanksgiving, while I am thankful for all of my children I am feeling especially thankful for a little 4 year old girl who melts my heart every day.
Awww...she is a sweetie. And I love the Sharing Circle. Can't wait till next year when Owen can take part. I'm sure that leaving PIV will be sad for us as well!
ReplyDeleteShe sounds like a total doll! :)
ReplyDelete