Sunday, November 21, 2010

Milford Turkey Trot

Yesterday I ran the Milford Turkey Trot. It is a small race, the cost is $15 and it benefits the Milford Track Club. You get nothing with the race...there are no shirts, no food and no water bottles. (the water is in gallon jugs that you pore yourself) I ran with my friend Lynn and her husband. I will preface this little report by saying that there were only 8 people registered as of Friday morning, Lynn knew 6 and I knew 1. We were then laughing that maybe we would get a prize (no prizes) and finish top in our age groups. Well, we got there and there were 80 people running and everyone was pumped. The weather was cold but, gorgeous. The course is a hard 5K course, with a hill at mile 1.5 that just goes STRAIGHT up, there is a nice come down at the end, but you really have to work to get up. Our pace was good, we had times where we would say a few words to each other, but we focused on our breathing, pace etc... and finished in 25:26, not a PR for me, but a decent time. The best part when I got an e-mail from Lynn saying that she finished first in her age group (she is 40) and saying that I finished 2nd. Then I was curious who beat me. I checked the race and realized it was a woman named Yolanda and I never say her. The reason I never saw her....she finished in 18 minutes. Holy Smokes!

2 comments:

  1. 18 Minutes! Wow! That is super fast! Nice to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow!!
    At 18 minutes I'm just getting close to being 2 miles in. That's insane!

    Congrats on your award - or is it just bragging rights since there weren't any prizes?

    ReplyDelete