Saturday, November 13, 2010
He's going to do it!
My husband, Travis, has decided to run a 5K on New Year's Day. I am running the 10K. It is The Hangover Classic in Salisbury, MA. Now you should know that Travis is not a runner, in fact he would probably tell you that he hates running but, I think that I wore him down. He made it clear that he would do the training, ( I found a beginning Hal Higdon plan) but that he wasn't looking to make this any kind of long term goal, he didn't want to run with me and not "push it!" I think that he wants to feel like he is coming to this on his own terms. The problem...I need him to do something. He does not do a great job of taking care of himself. He is a horrible eater and could stand to lose about 20 pounds. He works hard, stays up late and drinks a lot of coffee. I am waiting for him to drop of a heart attack which would really stink. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. He is starting his plan tomorrow, but already let me know that Monday is an off day...this might be a long 7 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, Travis! My boyfriend just did his first 5k yesterday, and he and his brother are going to sign up to run my 10k on Turkey Day race with me! My guy didn't start running until we met two months ago. Let me know how much success your hubs has with the training schedule! My guy wants to race but not train. :( He has some bad health habits, too, so I'm glad to see him do something for his health! Running and fitness are great things to share with someone!
ReplyDelete