I am awake. There is no school today, so in my brain I was going to get up early and hop on my treadmill for 2-3 miles. I have not run since the marathon and today was the day. At 5:30 I look over and Izzie (my 4 year old) is in my bed,
for the 6th day in a row. Okay, I will go downstairs and have a cup of coffee and check e-mail. I look into the playroom. There is Siri eating cereal and watching Family Matters. Uhhhh....not my plan, she will want something any second. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but man sometimes I just want a cup of coffee and my computer for a little while before they are up.
Oh well, I will run when they are all settled. I bought new shoes yesterday. My feet need some cushion and some TLC. Yay, Brooks Glycerin and yay BJ at Runner's Alley in Nashua. He always seems to know what we need.
Are your kids off today? What are you doing today?
Oh my gosh, I so get it. I try to get up at 5ish to get a little writing/reading/meditative time before starting the day, but when I feel those little feet pattering down the stairs, I want to shout "Nooooooo!!" The change of time, dang-it-all! Owen was up at 5 yesterday, slept a little later today...hope tomorrow you get a little more "me" time before starting the day.
ReplyDeleteJust finished cooking pita pizza with her =)
ReplyDelete