I am stressed. I have tried to pretend all week that I wasn't. That everything was cool, that I was laid back yada, yada, yada, but today everything came to a head. I had a list that was long and a house that is trashed due to how busy we all are and I finally had a breakdown. It was at that point that I started cleaning. I am a cleaner by nature. I like things to be in order, I don't like clutter (funny thought in a house with 4 kids, an ADHD husband and 2 cats) and I like things to be clean. Some might say that I am Obsessive Compulsive, but I really am not. I just need order in order to function. I started with the pantry and 5 black garbage bags later I was done. Izzie's exact words when she saw it, "Wowie Kozowie!" I then moved on to vacuuming, wiping down counters, and cleaning bathrooms.
What I really needed was a good 5 mile run and I can't tell you how hard it was for me to not just put my shoes on and take off. I had no kids with me, I was footloose and fancy free and cleaning was not releasing the stress. Tapering stinks. I need to run due to the fact that I can't stop eating. I need to run because that is my outlet. I need to run because I honestly can't get out of my own way.
Two days to go, hopefully I don't lose my mind before then. Now, off to clean Siri's room. Wish me luck!
You are going to rock it! Can we get a link to results so I can stalk you? Just facebook me with it! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness...it was like I was reading about myself here! you and I are the same!.. I cannot sleep, function or leave the house if everything is not in order! =D
ReplyDeleteawesome. I started my OCD cleaning today too. Carp, I'm way ahead of your schedule...
ReplyDeleteOH, and by the way, it's normal to freak the freak out - hello! But relax, tomorrow, RE-LAX. Get a book or magazine, put life on hold, put your feet up and don't FREAK. OUT. Seriously though, message me if you need to freak out, I'll talk you down. You're going to be fine. This is the fun part. Embrace your first marathon, the experience is half the fun.
Good luck tomorrow! I sent a link to your blog to my friend who lives in Australia and is a runner. She wants to train for a marathon someday as well. You'll do great!
ReplyDelete