Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lucky in Amherst

I spent 5 hours at Izzie's preschool today making apple pies for our preschool fundraiser. In case you have never heard mention of this I am not a cook, much less a baker. My job today; rolling out dough. In fact enough dough for 100 pies, tops and bottoms. My hands kill and I have blisters on my thumbs. Yes, I have to admit, my body is more sore from making pies than from running. Pretty sad, huh? What I loved about it was listening to the kids practice for the Thanksgiving Sharing Circle. They were singing songs and doing sign language, this adorable group of 3 and 4 year olds, it made me excited for next week.
It also made me thankful that I am blessed enough to stay at home with my kids and be able to enjoy making pies and listening to songs. Are there times when I would love to dress everyone, including myself and go to work? Are there times where I would like to go to lunch or go to the bathroom by myself? Of course to all of those things, but there will be plenty of time for that. For right now I am going to enjoy making apple pie and listening to preschool kids sing. I am very lucky.

2 comments: