Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I wish that I was word crafty or that I had some awesome Thanksgiving Day post that would make people laugh and cry and be thankful for a million things, but my list is pretty ordinary, but special to me....so here goes it,

1./ I am thankful for my husband. He is a great partner, a great Dad, humors me with acting interested in my running stuff and really just an all around great guy. Thanks Trav!
2./ I am thankful for my 4 sweeties who are all extremely different and wonderful in their own way. Siri, for making me a mom and allowing me to make mistakes with her, Ben, for keeping us on our toes on a daily basis. Andy, for still sucking his thumb and loving his family and Izzie for letting us still treat her like a baby, even at 4.
3./ My parents and Travis' parents who I don't always appreciate in the right way, but who I love more than words can express. Also, my sister and my sister in laws who make me smile with funny comments or just plain sisterly love. Thinking about it...I can't leave my brother in laws out either, I have a really special family.
4./ My running buddies at home and through out bloggy land. You all pull me through good times and bad times, but it wonderful to have a support system through out. xoxoxoxo!
5./ My non-running friends who continue to remind me that there are other things to focus on besides running. (i know, i know it is hard to believe)
6./ Finally, I am thankful for whatever voice told me last January to stop feeling sorry for myself, lace up my running shoes and train for that half marathon in June and my first marathon in November. I have come full circle and am a better wife, mom and friend because of it.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Run, eat turkey, laugh and have an all in all great day.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure Andy has to be super cool. Hooray for thumb suckers!! (Not that I'm playing favorites or anything, but let's just say my thumb and I used to be very acquainted with each other back in the day!)

    ReplyDelete